Understanding & Supporting Perinatal Depression
This new online course, created by Traumatic Birth Recovery, is now open for enrolment.
Learn the therapeutic skills and process that can be transformative to parents who are struggling with PND.Start learning now for just £120
Amy's experience with PND
’I spoke to my health visitor, who came and did some extra visits, but she seemed to just expect me to talk at her and didn’t stimulate any conversation or offer any real support. Then, when speaking to a GP I was immediately offered medication, and when I said that wasn’t a route I wanted to go down straight away, she didn’t seem to have any other suggestions.’
Have you ever felt powerless when working with parents with low mood or depression?
- Do you wish that there was more you could do?
- Do you have the nagging feeling that you could do more if you just knew what to say or how to listen?
- Do you feel frustrated with the limited solutions available to parents who are struggling with depressive symptoms?
The sad truth is that 50% of parents with depressive symptoms do not seek the therapeutic support or help that could transform their lives.
Maybe this is because of the stigma that many still feel about accessing therapy, perhaps it's because they are scared of their feelings and what they might mean. Many parents simply feel that it is unacceptable to ask for help or support, feeling that they should be able to do it all.Enrol now at the lowest price £347
Imagine being able to support the whole of your client's health & wellbeing.....
...and not just the symptoms that they are experiencing physically. Parents meet many well meaning professionals along their perinatal journey but very few who are able to create time and space to listen to parents in a way that can make a positive and tangible difference to their emotional health and wellbeing.
You already have established trust and rapport with the parents you serve
They are already telling you how they think and feel and you can sense how much pain that causes
You are concerned for their future health and wellbeing in their current state
Are you that birth professional, HCP or pre & postnatal specialist....
.... who can make a memorable difference to parents who are currently struggling with low mood or depression in their first year?
Can you support them as they move from surviving to thriving?
"I have found the [3SR and Debrief] training to be very useful in my work as a midwife. I have used 3SR to help colleagues with the effects of vicarious trauma and look forward to the day that it can be supported for use within the NHS for our service users. I have completed several forms of therapy training and felt that with Alex the value was very high. Ongoing support and supervision is excellent and Alex is a person who humbly learns from everyone else when lessons and experiences present the opportunity. She has created a community."
Jillian Ireland, PMA Midwife
Build trust & rapport rapidly
with parents to extend your support to their emotional wellbeing
Learn to listen & reflect
the thinking styles that can drive PND symptoms
Understand how perinatal traumas
can create the perfect conditions for depression
Share mindfulness and self compassion
as life skills that can lift depressive symptoms and protect against their future return
Understanding & Supporting PND online course
This course shares simple therapeutic skills, techniques and process that can promote parents natural desire to feel resilient and well emotionally. Set over 6 lessons this course is delivered with text, visual, video case study and a 3 stage assessment designed to support you as you practice these skills with parents.
Online support is available, as well as inclusion into closed Facebook community and monthly small group supervisionEnrol now for one payment of £347
Understanding the numbers & research around PND
- How many parents are impacted by PND
- What support is currently available to them
- The Edinburgh Scale
- Recognised risk factors for PND
- The perinatal stage as a journey marked by difficult events
Distinguishing PND symptoms from thoughts and feelings
- Understanding the negative impact of certain thinking styles and patterns on parents experience
- Understanding how stressful events and environment can contribute to PND symptoms
- Understanding the differences between depression and anxiety from both an experiential and support perspective
Different therapeutic interventions for PND
- NICE recommended treatment options for PND
- Understanding a parents view of support and help available
- Understanding the power of a listening, compassionate ear.
- How to listen to promote healing
Teaching mindfulness & self compassion
- Understanding the core components of self compassion as a tool for emotional health
- Understanding mindfulness as a vital tool for mental health
- Using a solution focused approach as an antidote to depressive thinking styles.
The role of perinatal trauma on emotional health & wellbeing
- Understanding what perinatal trauma symptoms are and how they are different from depression.
- Understanding the contribution of trauma symptoms to a depressive state
- Working with trauma symptoms first to clear space for work on depression
Follow a step by step approach that is safe, effective and gentle
Listening to their journey, understand their thinking, appreciate how those two aspects combined create their current experience.
Reflect feelings and call out toxic thinking
Teach self compassion
- Use a SUDs to check in changes to mood and wellbeing
Join the Traumatic Birth Recovery community
Join a supportive and inspiring community of over 350 birth professionals globally. These professionals have all learnt the skills and techniques that can support the transformation from surviving to thriving for parents struggling with their emotional health & wellbeing.
Benefit from monthly supervision FREE
Small group supervision is available for all students and practitioners with Traumatic Birth Recovery. These online sessions are held once a month and aim to support reflective practice and continued learning and development.
Save 5% on any other course bookings
Anyone investing in TBR Understanding & Supporting PND online course automatically receives a 5% discount on any other Traumatic Birth Recovery course; Understanding Perinatal Anxiety or Bring Relief With Your Debrief, Supporting Baby Loss & Miscarriage or TBR 3 Step Rewind
I have been privileged to listen to 100s parents over the last 10 years as a Clinical Hypnotherapist.
I know the transformational power that good support using safe and gentle techniques can bring to parents in emotional turmoil.
I would like to share with you now the tried and tested process, skills and techniques that I use to bring peace and hope to parents experiencing symptoms of depression.
If you have felt concerned about parents with low mood or PND and felt impotent and powerless to adequately support them then this course could be for you.
This course provides you with the knowledge and practical demonstration on how to listen to parents experiences, thoughts and feelings in a way that creates space and opportunity for change.